Skip to main content

Architect Reciprocity Application


To apply for a reciprocal license in North Dakota, you must first have your NCARB Transmittal sent to North Dakota.

One you have received an email confirmation of that transmittal, you are now able to apply in our licensing portal system.

NOTE: To create an account, you need to be an established architect or request a transmittal request from NCARB. If you are applying for an initial or reciprocal license, you must use your NCARB email address. If you are renewing or reinstating your license, you must use the email address on file with our board. The correct email address is listed in your renewal reminder email. You can also email to confirm which email you should be using.

1. Follow this link ( to create an account.

2. Wait to receive an automated email and then verify your account.

3. Log in.

Reminder: Your account creation and email verification MUST occure on the same device. In compliance with Chapter 43-03-20 of the North Dakota Century Code, you cannont have someone create an account or complete the application for you.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact the NDSBA Central office at 701-223-3540 or email Stacy Krumwiede at